Full time, permanent contract with 3-month probationary period
£26,000 – £32,000 per annum (based on experience)
Immediate start date
FIRST (www.firstnetwork.co) is a leading learning and development agency for entrepreneurial skills. Based in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear UK and established in 2014, the team of 5 (2 directors and 3 operational staff) are seeking a permanent operations manager to lead the project coordinators and report to the directors/advisory board.
The FIRST team takes pride in our fun, supportive and innovative approach to project design, delivery and evaluation. We are a positive and professional team of creative thinkers with the shared desire to do the right thing and produce meaningful project outcomes for our participants either from the education, community or business sector.
At FIRST, we believe that developing entrepreneurial skills are the keys to personal and economic growth and that learning doesn’t just happen in the classroom. Our motivation for our work comes from encouraging, developing and connecting early stage founders, young people and professionals to their wider communities so that jobs and businesses are created.
Flexible working hours, annual growth review, clear progression route, personal development budget, working from home options, support into a trusteeship/governance role with paid time off to carry out these extra-curricular community duties.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills at a high level of excellence:
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- People Management
- Data Entry and data processing
- Reading and writing
- Budget development
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Planning and organising
The ideal candidate must have the following experience:
- 2 years+ of leading a team
- 2 years+ of managing publicly funded contracts
- 2 years+ project/contract management
As operations manager you will:
- Line manage three project coordinators (in the first instance)
- Be the contract/project lead on all, current public sector contracts of work
- Contribute and communicate all project information to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; prepare draft board papers
- Develop operational systems by determining participant and client requirements.
- Develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for project initiation, implementation and evaluation
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
- Track supply chain pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Communicate client issues with operations team and devise ways of improving client experiences, including resolving problems and complaints
Please submit all CVs to email@example.com complete with a covering letter detailing your passion, why you think you are perfect for the role and why you would like to work with the team at FIRST. Deadline for applications is Wednesday 8th June at 5pm. Good luck!